Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Don't Worry, I'm With Friends this Christmas

I could be remembering this wrong, but I think my first listening of this song probably went something like this: sophomore year of high school, my best friend's older brother brought home the Erasure EP "Crackers International" and we listened to it on the stereo in his room, which was attached to their house but had its own separate entrance, making it our hip little hideaway. We would hang out in there listening to the latest 4AD releases and Sisters of Mercy 12-inch singles and figuring out what to wear to Pink Caddy.

This is a really sweet and underlooked song. Captures that wistful, wishing sadness and regret that Christmas can bring. I wish I'd been able to find a better video or live performance.



Listen to Erasure, "She Won't Be Home"

photo cred: amazon

2 comments:

  1. "No mom, we didn't go to that evil goth club again. We were at the movies. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kimmie I miss you! "I waaaanted to say to you/ how much I want to be with you..."

    ReplyDelete