Monday, January 24, 2011

A Kind of Weird Dress. And Then, a Highly Anticipated Package Arrives.

Yesterday I mentioned the Kind of Weird Dress I found at Forever 21 this weekend. Here it is:




Kind of weird, right? It was marked down to $15.99 from $32.50 because it is missing its ribbon belt. Today I replaced the belt with a scarf that used to belong to my mother. 


Although the colors worked well, this was ultimately unsuccessful; the belt didn't stay in place. Next time I'll either use a black leather real belt or find some ribbon to thread through the inner loop tube. (I'm sure there's a name for the space that holds a ribbon belt, but I don't know what it is. Anyone?)

This dress is also shorter that what I usually wear. Yes, I know it's not That Short, but it's short for me. And of course the day I choose to wear it, the temp doesn't even hit 20 by 9:00 AM. Anyway, I like this Kind of Weird Dress; I love the color and I love that it's both weird and office-appropriate. Oh, also, it has pockets! I love a dress with pockets.


Trying to make A Face in the mirror.

Okay, but THEN! When I got home tonight, I was delighted to find a package from M Beauty Lounge in my mailbox. It contained these lovely little numbers: 


Yes, yes! It's mini bottles of the OPI Katy Perry collection. Two shimmers (one a duochrome) and two glitters. They're really mini--smaller than I thought, but I would never have used up entire bottles of colors like this, so that's okay. What I'm SUPER excited about, though, is this: 


Black Shatter. It "shatters" or cracks after you apply it. I'll be trying this out tonight. 

Closer shots of the minis: 



Also in the package was a little giftie for someone. One of my "resolutions" for 2011 is to...not necessarily buy things for people, but...I often see things or think of things that a person I know would like; or something that makes me think of the person, and I might say to myself, "Oh, so-and-so would love this, I should get it for her/him, but her/his birthday is eight months away," or "well, so-and-so would think it was weird if I gave this to her," and I leave the thing or the thought and then regret it later.  So now, when I see something someone would like, if it's possible, I plan to grab the thing for the person and either a) give it to them right away, or b) save it for the next gift-giving occasion. Related: I want to tell people, people I know or strangers I see, that I like their outfits/accessories/etcetera. I often think someone looks awesome and I want to tell them but I don't. But wouldn't you LOVE IT if someone came up to you (in a non-creepy way) and told you that she loved your outfit, your bag, your jewelry? I would! So that's another mission for this year. Okay. I'll report back on how this giftie is received. 

2 comments:

  1. YES, YESSSSSSSSS, that is one of my resolutions this year: to ACT ON those odd little generous impulses that crop up, where I think, "Oh, ____ would love this!," or I see something at 75% off and I'm getting one for myself and I think, "I should get one for ____, too," but then I get all uncomfortable and nervous about it. NO MORE! I am going to BUY IT, baby!!

    Also, I am dying to see how that crackle nailpolish turns out.

    Also, someone totally made my day a week or two ago by telling me in a waiting room that they loved my wedding ring. I was totally caught off guard in a very, very pleasant way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teenage Dream nail polish? how exciting!!

    it isn't that short at all! I think it's cute :)

    ReplyDelete